The Koi Pond is a large-scale interactive light sculpture that combines technology and traditional craftsmanship.
By JoeJoe Martin and Crew | Debuted at Burning Man 2016
- 200 sq. ft. pond surface
- 563,000 full color LED video array
- Koi fish and water rendered in real time
- Fish and water effects are reactive to time of day and crowd activity
- Meticulously crafted wooden bridge and Torii gate made from the repurposed lumber from a 100 year old theater
- Custom designed and hand-crafted lanterns, benches, deck, and fence
The original Koi Pond installation was supported in part by a grant from Burning Man.